Ingredients For The Dish:
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] pepper
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] thyme
- Approximately 2 pounds [1 kg] fresh cod steaks
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 sweet green pepper, membranes removed and seeded, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons [45 mL] minced parsley
Mix together lemon rind, salt, pepper and thyme; rub top of fish steaks all over with mixture.
See also Pilaf Rice
Transfer fish steaks into a 7 x 11-inch [17.75 x 28-cm] glass or any microwave-safe dish.
Sprinkle with lemon juice.
Leave to rest for 20 minutes.
Remove fish from dish.
Arrange half of onion, tomato and potato slices and of sweet green pepper strips into the dish.
Top vegetables with fish steaks; top with remaining vegetables.
Melt butter or margarine for 1 minute on ‘MAXIMUM’.
Mix in minced parsley; pour over vegetables.
Cover with waxed paper; microwave for 8 to 10 minutes on ‘MAXIMUM’, coating fish with cooking juices once, after the first 3 minutes.
Leave to rest for 3 minutes; serve.
Enjoy delicious Indian recipes with Taj Punjabi.