Ingredients For The Dish:
- Urad dhal – 4 tsp
- Ginger – 2 tsp finely chopped
- Dry red chilli – 4 nos
- Grated Coconut – 2 tbspn
- Tamarind – small lemon
- Curry leaves – hand full
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
1. Take a tawa, add oil and roast urad dhal and dry red chilli and keep it aside.
2. In the same tawa, add chopped ginger and keep it aside.
See also Pilaf Rice
3. Let all the fried items cool off and get them ground adding coconut, curry leaves, tamarind, salt and asafoetida.
4. Add little water and make it into a chutney consistency.
Mix this thuvayal with hot rice and serve with a vathal. It also goes well with a curd rice.
Enjoy delicious Indian recipes with Taj Punjabi.