Ingredients For Turkey Meatballs Rice:
- 1 pound [454 g] ground turkey
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons [7.5 mL] chili powder
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] pepper
- 1 [16-ounce / 454-mL] can stewed tomatoes
- 1 large thinly sliced onion, into rings
- 1 large sweet green pepper, membranes removed and seeded, chopped
- 7 ounces [200 g] instant rice
Directions For Turkey Meatballs Rice:
Into a bowl, mix together ground turkey, slightly beaten eggs, chili powder, salt and pepper.
See also Pilaf Rice
Shape mixture into 1 1/2 to 2-inch [4 to 5-cm] each balls.
Transfer turkey balls into an 8-cup [2-L] glass casserole.
Microwave meatballs on ‘HIGH’ turning once, until firm and no longer pink inside.
Add stewed tomatoes, onion rings, chopped sweet green pepper and instant rice.
Cover and microwave, still on ‘ HIGH’, until mixture is boiling and onion rings softened.
Leave to rest until rice is tender before serving.
Enjoy delicious Indian recipes with Taj Punjabi.